- PhD student at TU Wien funded by the Austrian Academy of Sciences
- Favoritenstraße 9-11
- 1040 Wien
- Room: HE 03 36
- Phone: +43 (1) 58801 – 740016
- Email: gberger [at] dbai [dot] tuwien [dot] ac [dot] at
- Database Theory, Knowledge Representation, Logic in Computer Science
- I am a PhD student at TU Wien funded by a PhD fellowship awarded by the Austrian Academy of Sciences. My advisor is Prof. Georg Gottlob. Prior to my doctoral fellowship, I held positions as university assistant and lecturer at TU Wien. Currently, I am the student speaker of our doctoral program.
- MSc in Computer Science, TU Wien. Thesis: Provability Interpretations of a Many-Sorted Polymodal Logic
- BSc in Computer Science, TU Wien.
Gerald Berger, Andreas Pieris: Ontology-Mediated Queries Distributing over Components. IJCAI 2016: 943-949
Gerald Berger, Hans Tompits: On Axiomatic Rejection for the Description Logic ALC. KDPD 2013: 65-82
- Austria's State Prize for outstanding studies, 2015. Awarded by the Federal Ministry of Science ("Würdigungspreis")
- PhD Fellowship by the Austrian Academy of Sciences, 2015.